Membership in any organization has its benefits and responsibilities. This page highlights the benefits and responsibilities and describes how to join PTSC-Online. The navigation menu on the left side of the page provides more in depth information on these topics.
Please review the requirements to maintain your PTSC-Online membership in the Member Code of Conduct section.
To become a member of PTSC-Online please complete the Member Application Form. Please review the member code of conduct and member categories before completing your application. To maintain focus on Canadian issues, membership is currently limited to Canadians involved with or interested in emergency management. There may be a brief delay before your membership is activated as each membership must be approved manually by a community Administrator. If you encounter any challenges with the registration process please e-mail Bill MacKay. Some organization's firewalls may interfere with the e-mail verification process.
For PTSC-Online to become a sustainable program which continues to contribute to Canadian public safety and community resiliency, it must provide benefit to its members and supporters on an ongoing basis. Some of the benefits of being a PTSC-Online member are listed below. See the member benefits section for additional information.
- Provides access to a network of Canadian emergency management, business continuity and critical infrastructure protection officials, professionals, academics, and suppliers to help you more effectively do your job
- Provides forums for sharing emergency management related challenges, best practices and for collaboration on projects of mutual interest. (blogs and knowledge base wikis)
- Provides a means for recognizing emergency management programs which meet or exceed standards and to recognize individuals for their contributions to the emergency management profession
- Provides a job forum to assist members with finding qualified employees and employment opportunities
- Provides learning opportunities to advance ones knowledge about emergency management
There are currently four membership categories as described below. Click on member categories for a more detailed description of each category.
- General Members
- Student Members
- Commercial Members